E-mail Dr. Grass
2. Processes that carry nerve impulses away from the cell body are called
3. The neuroglia that produce myelin sheaths around axons in the peripheral nervous system are
4. The portion of the nervous system that is considered involuntary is the
somatic nervous system.
sensory nervous system.
autonomic nervous system.
motor nervous system.
5. All of the following are functions of the nervous system EXCEPT
responses to changes.
6. The different charge between the outside and the inside of a neuron at rest is called
resting membrane potential.
7. The stage in an action potential that immediately follows depolarization is
the resting period.
8. The junction between two nerve cells is called
9. Neurotransmitters are released at the
10. In the reflex arc, a muscle or gland is considered to be the
Return to top
To receive additional information, contact Dr. Grass at email@example.com