E-mail Dr. Grass
2. Which of the following does NOT belong to the conducting prtion of the respiratory system?
3. The structure which closes off the larynx is the
4. Which of the following describes a correct order of structures in the respiratory passeways?
pharynx, trachea, larynx, bronchi, bronchioles
larynx, pharynx, trachea, bronchiles, bronchi
trachea, pharynx, larynx, bronchi, bronchioles
pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles
5. The exchange of gases occurs in the
6. The volume of air that can be exhaled after normal exhaltation is the
inspiratory reserve volume.
expiratory reserve volume.
7. The volume of air in a normal breath is called
total lung capacity.
8. Gas exchange in the lungs happens by the process of
9. Most oxygen in the blood is transported
as gas dissolved in plasma.
10. The primary chemical stimulus for breathing is the concentration of
carbon monoxide in the blood.
carbon dioxide in the blood.
oxygen in the blood.
carbonic acid in the blood.
Return to top
To receive additional information, contact Dr. Grass at firstname.lastname@example.org